This update introduces in-game community translations, various bugfixes, identify all feature, the minimap and, last not least, the updated final roadmap (with dates). Let’s talk details.
With Chinese, Russian, French, Brasilian Portuguese and Italian community translations finished we are ready to incorporate them into the game. From now on, the most up to date translation into these languages will be available in Options-> Video and Languages window.
Huge thanks to our community translators!
Please keep in mind the community-sourced translations are on-going so the quality will only improve over time. It would be hugely helpful if you could report issues with translations. Get in touch with us at our official discord server or via email: email@example.com! Or you can talk directly to translators in the forums.
The minimap was on the very top of the most requested features list so due to popular demand it’s finally here! We went with minimalistic representation for maximum readability and to keep the dungeon visible underneath the minimap since we feel that’s the most traditional approach.
The map updates as you explore the dungeon, with the path being drawn as you walk and points of interest are marked as you discover them. No more wondering which
The default key for minimap is tab.
By the way, once the level is cleared you can click on the stairs marker (the friendly gizmo that shows you the direction towards the staircase down). It will instantly exit the level for you saving you the jog back. Not everyone
Another often requested feature, the identify all. It’s enabled in freeplay since that’s when cards start piling up and only if the player has enough gold to identify all cards. It will skip the fluff identify animation and all identified cards will available for inspection after a short animation.
The updated roadmap
Last but not least, the updated roadmap. We have a pretty good idea what lies ahead now.
Up until now, we were sticking to bi-monthly larger updates. Now that we are entering the home stretch the large updates will be more frequent, we are aiming at one every six weeks. Of course, in between, there will be a lot of small updates containing fixes and minor tweaks.
Here is what will happen up until launch:
- Early June – Difficulty levels. It’s tricky to make everyone happy with one difficulty for all so we are going to differentiate by introducing more casual mode and two more difficult modes.
- Late July – Overhauled Archdemon quest (new bosses, unique mechanics) because the current one is actually a placeholder and is way too forgiving 😉
- September – Complete sounds (over 300 new or reworked sounds)
- October – Mac support
- Early November – all remaining features and content integrated into the test branch, those willing to do so can begin testing the final build candidate
- December – The magic happens, the game launches
- Late December – Christmas!