Book of Demons hacks and slashes onto Steam Early Access
Thing Trunk’s highly anticipated deck-building hack and slash launches on Steam Early Access with a 25% early-bird discount.
Warsaw, Poland, July 28th, 2016: Book of Demons, an action RPG announced for PC and Xbox One, releases on Steam Early Access today. Book of Demons is a deck-building hack and slash adventure game, where it's the player who decides the length of quests. The game is the first instalment of Return 2 Games - a series of original mid-core titles, inspired by the early golden days of PC gaming.
Watch the Early Access release trailer: https://youtu.be/W5O12fHIIK4 and check some of the press previews Book of Demons received before the Steam Early Access launch:
● Joey Yee - GameSpot: “Nothing looks quite like this!” “There’s no doubt Thing Trunk is off to a great start.”
● Josh Vanderwall - The Escapist: “The concept behind the Return 2 Games seven-part retrological makes me want to love it even more.”
● Kyle Bradford - GameSpew: “Book of Demons creates an experience that both a casual fan and a hardcore dungeon crawling expert can enjoy. It’s definitely worth your time thanks to its respect for it, something not many games these days can attest to.”
Book of Demons main features:
● Build your own deck of skills - the game supersedes the usual aRPG statfest with a single solution, a card system.
● Select the length of each quest - adjust the size of each quest to your time, not the other way round.
● Paper-cut graphics - a dark fantasy hack and slash in the world of Paperverse.
● One-of-a-kind adventure - procedurally generated, randomly-populated dungeons.
● Relive the classic with a good laugh - retelling of a familiar story with a humorous twist of a parody.
Steam Early Access launch date: 28th of July 2016 (9AM PST / 5PM London Time)
Early Access notes and roadmap: http://bit.ly/BoD_EA_Notes_And_Roadmap
Price: $14.99 (25% launch discount), regular price: $19.99
Early Access launch trailer (YouTube): https://youtu.be/W5O12fHIIK4
Early Access launch trailer (file): http://bit.ly/BoD_EarlyAccessTrailer_mp4
Official website: http://bookofdemons.com
Screenshot / promo arts pack: here
Logos / keyart pack: here
Full press kit: here
Future platforms: GOG.com (coming soon), Xbox One (coming 2017)
Return 2 Games Manifesto (video): https://youtu.be/quURg6X1jdo (a short video presenting our vision for the Return 2 Games series)
For preview codes please contact Tom Tomaszewski: email@example.com
About Return 2 Games series
Return 2 Games is a series of original mid-core titles inspired by the golden days of PC gaming. Thing Trunk’s plan is to build 7 games in total, each unique in terms of genre and theme, but all sharing the same vision - to make deeply engaging experiences accessible.
Return 2 Games draws inspiration from the early days of PC gaming when developers weren’t afraid to innovate, defined new genres and created the most memorable experiences. Return 2 Games titles are designed to deeply engage in a matter of minutes. They explore powerful universal stories - like good vs evil - that immediately seem familiar. Return 2 Games caters even to people who don't play as much as they used to, who find casual games shallow and unengaging, and who can’t invest enough time into hardcore games to really enjoy them.
Official website: http://www.return2games.com
About Thing Trunk
Thing Trunk is a small game development team based in Warsaw, Poland. The core team comprises of 6 dedicated developers. The 3 founders – Filip Starzyński, Konstanty Kalicki and Maciej Biedrzycki – are casual game industry veterans who (despite a level of success) became disappointed with the miring trends in the market and scrapped their former brands (Codeminon and Twinbottles) to focus solely on the ambitious Return 2 Games idea. Since then they are trying to prove that making AAA quality content is possible in a small but experienced team with lots of passion.
Dev blog: http://www.thingtrunk.com
For more info please contact Tom Tomaszewski - firstname.lastname@example.org